Translate

Friday, August 14, 2026

A Moment of Disaster

 Here is a piece of poetic fiction within my WIP, my new book- a moment of disaster:


Out back of Back Fork, at the Cogar Cottage, Timmy waited for the plumber. He sat on the front porch, drinking a sweet tea.

As he stepped inside to check the time...he heard a gushing whoosh.

He tried to open the back door, but a chaotic wave crashed through the walls...splintering pine, hemlock, and hardwood-thrown matchsticks...ice chunks, water, debris busting boards...the man with a wad of bills in his pocket thrown up against studs...the white-whirl sweeping him out to the street, chucked like a limp doll against a fence, where he settled, broken and bleeding...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Poetry Book?

My whole life I have been telling stories...the ones I made up to tell my little brother, the ones I told to my daughter...the ones I scribb...